Sign in to follow this  

Assessed labs

For physics, i took about one and a half months to start the assessed prac.
For chemistry, only one month..

Before assessed ones, i did many non-assessed labs to learn how to write the report.. so it took that amount of time..

Oh, you guys start early. :0

It's been two months now, and we still haven't done any assessed ones. In chemistry we've been talking a bit about lab reports, but not much and the physics teacher doesn't know anything about IB at all. A couple of weeks ago I asked him to give us a formulae booklet and a syllabus, and the first thing I realized when finally seeing it was that he had accidentally covered the AHL with the whole class (we're a mixed group). <3

[quote name='may_2010' post='27206' date='Oct 25 2008, 04:35 PM']we've done about 4-5 labs within the first month in chem
and maybe 4 of them have been assessed using ib rubrics[/quote]

We have already done one IB lab, that was assessed with IB rubrics. I wonder, though, what did you guys get on your labs? I'm in HL Chem and I got 4/6 for mine, which is good, I guess, but it translates in an 80%, which is a B at my school, and it brings my grade down a lot. Does your teacher give you one IB grade and a different one for the school grade, or do they just translate the IB grade into a percentage?[size="3"][/size]