Do I need Biology HL?

saori

My question is simple. Do i need to have Biology on Higher level to study psychology?
I just have biology on SL. Im doing good but there is no way i can change it into HL or anything.
I m also taking psychology SL( HL is not avaliable in my school).

So how does it work?

Is it true that i cant study psychology at a university if i didnt take Biology on HL?

Does any one know?

It is a pitty you can't take psychology HL, especially if you want to study it at uni. I don't think you need Bio HL unless you want to study Biopsychology...most probably you will just get less credit, but that's about it.

Now, I am not an expert in this, so wait for a second opinion too.

Well it depends where you want to study. All universities do not have similar demands in order to study some course.
For instance in Sweden, you don't need psychology in high school/college to study psychology in university. Strange but true. You [i]do[/i] need to have biology HL though <3
Anyways, decide first where you want to study; country, university; and then I'm sure the university's website will provide the information.

[quote name='humingyay' post='26996' date='Oct 19 2008, 02:52 PM']Well it depends where you want to study. All universities do not have similar demands in order to study some course.
For instance in Sweden, you don't need psychology in high school/college to study psychology in university. Strange but true. You [i]do[/i] need to have biology HL though <3
Anyways, decide first where you want to study; country, university; and then I'm sure the university's website will provide the information.[/quote]

I totally agree. It depends on the university. If you are applying to uk, check out UCAS website. Find the course you want to study and the search for the entry requirements they got for IB.