IB & AP courses?

Hi, i'm currently in the process of changing to another school (Just 2 more months till I begin Grade 10), and I was wondering if I took 4 IB courses, and possibly 1-2 AP courses, would it not help me with getting into university? I'm really confused, because i'd have grades from those IB certificates and from the AP courses, so would I just apply to University with all the grades from both AP and IB? And an additional question for anyone who is doing architecture or design at university, should i take Math SL, Studies, or HL, or AP Calculus, or possibly Physics SL/HL for the whole physical aspect of architecture?

My potential courses i'd take:

IB Visual Arts HL

IB Math SL

IB English A HL

AP World History

AP Studio Art

Maybe IB Physics SL or HL? 

This is if I do change to the AP schools or the full IB schools I'm looking at :)

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Aly.em said:

enjoy your life mate, its too early -_-:P

Ehhh still good to be prepared, it's cause a lot of the international schools here have a looooooong waiting list sometimes:)

As mentioned before it depends on which universities and where you are applying to. A lot of UK universities, for example, have somewhat strict entry subject requirements which you would have to meet before they would be able to consider your application and make you an offer. And in a lot of UK universities they prefer the full IB diploma.

Whereas northamerican universities, for example, may be different in having less stringent subject requirements (if they have any at all) and may have no qualms accepting IB certificates.

I'd suggest you look more into the subject and programme requirements of where you want to apply and study.

Sidenote: on applying internationally you may be better off applying with the full IB diploma or with at least 3-5 AP grades in relevant subjects. 

9 hours ago, Gaby said:

Which country will you be applying to? Because that determines whether certificates are enough or whether you need a full diploma. 

I'm most likely applying to UK universities (UCL, UAL), Singapore (NUS), and Canada (UBC, University Of Toronto, McGill University). On a side note here I am considering a few other universities in Hong Kong, Portugal (I understand Portuguese and tbh Portugal is much better off than Brazil for education at this point), or New Zealand but those are going to be my "safety schools" if the ones mentioned above are too expensive or something else that prevents me from going to them. But i'm probably going to take the full IB so it'll be much higher chance of getting scholarships and actually getting into my dream schools, still I might take 1 or 2 AP exams just for extra credit  :) 

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, BernOnFire said:

I'm most likely applying to UK universities (UCL, UAL), Singapore (NUS), and Canada (UBC, University Of Toronto, McGill University). On a side note here I am considering a few other universities in Hong Kong, Portugal (I understand Portuguese and tbh Portugal is much better off than Brazil for education at this point), or New Zealand but those are going to be my "safety schools" if the ones mentioned above are too expensive or something else that prevents me from going to them. But i'm probably going to take the full IB so it'll be much higher chance of getting scholarships and actually getting into my dream schools, still I might take 1 or 2 AP exams just for extra credit  :) 

To apply to the UK to any decent university, you will need a full diploma, certificates with AP courses won't do. I have no idea about other countries, though. I know US doesn't require a full diploma, I think Canada might not either.