Hi, 

This is my first post  and I have a few questions about my topic and wether the question really fits under it, also I'd like to know if my approach is too broad or if it won't work at all..

The subject I have chosen is English Language & Literature 

I have two topics I'd like to know which one would work best and if the question is fitting.

Also I'd just like advice on how to go about the EE, and if there's enough content from the questions to juice out 4,000 words

Thank you for reading 

-  

TL; DR 

I'm trying to find out if my questions fit under the English Lang/Lit subject , and if they're too broad or narrow, also just asking if they're suitable areas of exploration 

- Rap and it's effect on gang culture in America

- How conflict changed poetry in different areas post WW1

- Censorship and Propaganda in modern society and its effect on today's youth 

Hey,

The topics that you are exploring look really good and suitable!

The first one "Rap and it's effect on gang culture in America" looks good, its not to broad, maybe focus on a particular state or group of states; but it looks alright as it is now. 

The second one "How conflict changed poetry in different areas post WW1" - What particular aspect of WW1 will you be looking at? The 1st WW is very complex and there are lots of things to talk about. Try focusing on a specific aspect of the WW. 

The Third one "Censorship and Propaganda in modern society and its effect on today's youth " - I think this one looks great. it certainly is not too broad, nor is to narrow. You have plenty talk about, you can look at multiple different view points, writing the EE; I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to achieve 4000 words easily with this one.^_^

For going about the EE, use a Mind map here's a good site https://bubbl.us .

Get your ideas clear, what order you'll write your EE in; and make sure to keep a trace of your Sources. Either on your laptop or in a journal, this is soooo important. 

For the best advice though, talk to your English Teacher, I'm sure he / she would be happy to help! 

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the EE! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...