Can I get at least a 3 if i do really well on internal assessment but not so good on the external assessment?

ayooya

Don't even worry about it, it's ridiculously hard to fail an IB class. 

To answer your question though, I made a little program that optimizes the amount of marks you need to get per paper to attain a certain score. For French B HL, this came out to be: 0 on Paper 1, 0 on Paper 2, 17-24 on the Written Assignment, and 18-30 on the Oral. That's to get at least a 3, getting a 24 and 30 on the WA and Oral respectively would get you a 4.

For Mathematics SL, this came out to be: 13-19 on papers 1 and 2 (that's a 1 or 2, according to IB), and a 15-20 on the IA (keep in mind that the 19 on P1/2 corresponds to a 15 in the IA, and the 13 on P1/2 corresponds to a 20 on the IA)

I know that some of the scores (especially for French B) may seem off, but that really just goes to show how feasible it is to pass! Good luck! :)

P.S. If you can estimate what marks you got on each paper, I can estimate what score you got. I've cross checked the method I use with my teachers' previous scores, and it seems to be the same method that IB uses. Message me if you're interested!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheNintendoChip said:

Don't even worry about it, it's ridiculously hard to fail an IB class. 

To answer your question though, I made a little program that optimizes the amount of marks you need to get per paper to attain a certain score. For French B HL, this came out to be: 0 on Paper 1, 0 on Paper 2, 17-24 on the Written Assignment, and 18-30 on the Oral. That's to get at least a 3, getting a 24 and 30 on the WA and Oral respectively would get you a 4.

For Mathematics SL, this came out to be: 13-19 on papers 1 and 2 (that's a 1 or 2, according to IB), and a 15-20 on the IA (keep in mind that the 19 on P1/2 corresponds to a 15 in the IA, and the 13 on P1/2 corresponds to a 20 on the IA)

I know that some of the scores (especially for French B) may seem off, but that really just goes to show how feasible it is to pass! Good luck! :)

P.S. If you can estimate what marks you got on each paper, I can estimate what score you got. I've cross checked the method I use with my teachers' previous scores, and it seems to be the same method that IB uses. Message me if you're interested!

OMG thanks so much! very helpful :)