NEED HELP CHOOSING IB SUBJECTS

AimeQ

So im going to be starting the ib programme next semester which is september.I am an ib student in Jordan and i want to study either business/law/finance in uni.My ib subjects are as the following:

Business&Management HL

Economics HL

ENGLISH A LAL

ARABIC AB

SL MATHS

ITGS

Also...can i a take a seventh subject? Or the limitation is 6 subjects.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

You can take a seventh subject, but you have to decide which one will be the seventh prior to course registration and it will not count towards your diploma points. 
You haven't specified to us SL/HL for all your subjects. As you know, you need to take 3-4 HLs and the other in SL. You should verify with specific school requirements but they look good. History HL may also be an option if your school offers that. I guess it would be nice to have a literature instead of lang/lit but again you have to check with individual schools. 

HI!! @kw0573..thank you so much for replying.

So say i chose a seventh subject,and i failed it or got a 7 ,it wouldn't affect my diploma points at all?So it means that i will be wasting effort on a subject that dosen't count towards my diploma points?Please correct me if i have misunderstood. 

And to specify my SL/HL subjects:

HL:

Business&Management HL

Economics HL

ENGLISH A HL

HISTORY HL

SL:

MATH SL

ARAB AB

ITGS

Thank you in advance!

40 minutes ago, AimeQ said:

HI!! @kw0573..thank you so much for replying.

So say i chose a seventh subject,and i failed it or got a 7 ,it wouldn't affect my diploma points at all?So it means that i will be wasting effort on a subject that dosen't count towards my diploma points?Please correct me if i have misunderstood. 

And to specify my SL/HL subjects:

HL:

Business&Management HL

Economics HL

ENGLISH A HL

HISTORY HL

SL:

MATH SL

ARAB AB

ITGS

Thank you in advance!

Your 7th subject would be independent of your IB diploma in all respects. So it wouldn't affect your overall IB diploma score. It's a separate certificate.

That's correct. Doesn't matter if you get 1 or 7 in the seventh subject, it will not impact your diploma scores. The seventh course will appear on a separate IB certificate instead of the IB diploma. I wouldn't call it wasting effort if you are really keen on learning new stuff or need additional courses to fulfill entrance requirements. 
Oh you are taking history? If you think you have met the entrance requirements then it's probably ok just to pick 6. So after you have taken each course for some weeks probably just drop one of Business/Management, Economics or History. Or you can pick your 6 now. 

Also you can just click on the Edit button (in between Options and Quote) at the bottom right of each post.

3 minutes ago, ChocolateDrop said:

Your 7th subject would be independent of your IB diploma in all respects. So it wouldn't affect your overall IB diploma score. It's a separate certificate.

Thank you for the info :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

That's correct. Doesn't matter if you get 1 or 7 in the seventh subject, it will not impact your diploma scores. The seventh course will appear on a separate IB certificate instead of the IB diploma. I wouldn't call it wasting effort if you are really keen on learning new stuff or need additional courses to fulfill entrance requirements. 
Oh you are taking history? If you think you have met the entrance requirements then it's probably ok just to pick 6. So after you have taken each course for some weeks probably just drop one of Business/Management, Economics or History. Or you can pick your 6 now. 

Also you can just click on the Edit button (in between Options and Quote) at the bottom right of each post.

Thank you so much for the info :)

Yes you can take 7 courses but I personally advise against it. I think it's better to study 6 courses really well instead of stretching yourself too thin by studying 7 courses. Even though the 7th course isn't on your diploma, some school districts still record it and send it to universities (not all, but the ones in my area do). Also, the added stress is just not worth it. IB is already hard, why make it harder?