Maths SL for Business courses

mamrysia

Hi guys,
I was just wondering what do you think about the requirements for courses connected with business. Do you think that Maths SL is useful in the process of application? I was on Maths Studies but changed to SL and now I cant stop thinking. I wrote to a few universities and they just answered that you have to have 6 from studies and 5 from sl but I've read also that sometimes these requirements are in practice much more strict.

It's better to have SL, I would say. I didn't do amazingly well in SL maths, but the foundation it gave me allowed me to excel in a Financial Maths module at university, as well as forced me to count really quickly, which is a big advantage in exams, not just for maths, but also e.g. in accounting, which you are likely to have at least a basic course in during a business degree, and which is quite logic and maths based. I would stick with SL, and if you're really struggling, only then switch to studies. 

• Like 1