Sign in to follow this  

How often do you go to the lab?

I do Chemistry labs around every 2 weeks or 3 weeks. Biology, it seems like we do one every 3 weeks or a month.

Most are just for the hours required to graduate though, however in chemistry most of our labs that we've done so far have been assessed IB style

In organic chem. labs are pretty much the most important parts of the class, and the coolest, cuse it's where you test synthesis reactions and learn cool things like how to make pesticides or like those pants that Michael Phelps was using at the Olympics (yes, they were built using organic chemistry techniques that allowed the pants to sort of "breathe" and strech; it was based on the way they threaded the carbons). We go once a week but it's usually like 4-5 hours at a time :P

once a week for physics

once every two weeks for chemistry.

i don't know why I go to the lab for physics so often even though I haven't decided to take it as a higher level..!!!

Maybe around once every two weeks for chemistry and once every 3-4 weeks for biology. Often though, especially for bio, we might have a lot of lab hours at one time (ex. we spend 2 or 3 consecutive classes in the lab doing an extended practical or several-part experiment)...

Every lesson. We do practicals in them much less frequently, to my relief. Maybe once a month between them? I do two HL sciences, and have actual titration nightmares.

(These are indeed nightmares about titrations).

(Which is pathetic).

Never, anymore, which -- I can imagine -- is awful for our bio IAs (which are supposed to be a collection of labs). Our original teacher left halfway through our first year of IB, then we got a new one who never did labs, and then we got another new one this year who doesn't do any labs either...

My class is going to be in trouble. D:

Once every two weeks? Once a month? Once every trimester? Once a year? haha

Once a week for chemistry and almost once a week for physics

Only took biology labs and I say it in past tense because we don't longer do it at all... We had it every week, but to complete a lab usually it took like a month. My teacher really sucks...