Hi all!

I'm starting the IB next year and I need a little help choosing my subjects. For now, I have chosen HL English, History, and Lithuanian language. My SLs are Math Studies, Psychology, and Science. But I'm thinking about switching from Math St to Math SL even though I'm obviously going to buuuurn even in the SL Math classes. I'm really bad at math and honestly have no intention of doing anything math based in the future, because I want to go the law school (and as for studying law, I can get away with whatever the bare minimum of math study necessary to get my pre-law education over with is - in this case, Math Studies. Lol I think that's one of the reasons law school is such a popular area of study that it is one of a few professional/graduate fields of study where a math-phobic (aka me) candidate can completely avoid any exposure to mathematics after high school graduation :D) But the thing is, I'm also thinking about studying political science or international relations. I did my research and found out that for a mere bachelor's degree, I'd have to take, at a minimum, whatever math is required (at last the general requirements my college/uni requires for the degree, plus any math required to complete the major in political sience). So what do you guys think? What should I do? :( And what do you guys think about the whole schedule in general? 

Edited by BananaWaffle

Your schedule is good. Personally I would try Math SL but there's really no downside here to Math Studies. You already did your research and you know that Math Studies fits the required courses. Also, some universities care about your overall score so by doing Studies you might be able to get a better score. Look more into the political science/international relations programs and see if you really like them. If you do, take SL Math, if not then stick with Studies.

From what my classmates and already graduate students in our class have talked about, the SL math course can be challenging if you don't like math so like while trying really hard the average of the class is a 4/7 while in math studies they have an average of 6/7 and they don't try nearly as hard or study as much. It's all really about if you like math or are going to study something related to it. I would recommend you stay in math studies if you don't like math or aren't great at it since you won't need it for you career at all. Plus math studies helps you learn math that you will probably use in day a day things while in SL math its more math that you will learn if you study economics, math, engineering, etc... As for you other courses, they seem to be pretty cool, History is a workload but its also pretty nice and if you are going to study law I do recommend having it as an HL :)

• Like 1