My IB teacher is leaving a month before exams

we suddenly discovered our IB teacher decided to take another job and will leave our school just a month before our final exams. apparently our new teacher isn't good... how do u guys think i can study on my own for economics to get a 7?? If she doesn't correct our work, do you think correcting my own papers with markscheme is good?

Thank you!!

Yes! It will be fine if you drill enough past papers and mark it by yourself. I am sure you can do well because one month before finals is just about practicing,  though you can email/ask your previous teacher(?). However, your new teacher should have the responsibility to help you, so you can choose to approach her. 

Why I am so certain: My Economics Teacher is bad so.. i self-studied, drill past papers and got a predicted 7. 

• Like 4

•Make sure you have a copy of the syllabus and make notes based on it. 

•To help with definitions perhaps making flash cards could help. 

•In addition to doing past papers, the IB economics course companion has sample questions in it that you could do. 

Like the previous poster suggested asking your previous teacher if you can be emailing her your practice paper responses.

• Like 1

My History teacher left about 3 months before our exams and I panicked, too, but ended up with being quite prepared for the exams.

The most helpful for me was that my teacher tutored me and another girl from my class via email (he moved to another country, I think he would've agreed to meet up even, had that been possible). Of course, this was a huge favour on our teacher's part, but it was immensely helpful, so think about that. My teacher gave assignments and graded essays we wrote at home -- the latter was the most helpful! If that's not possible, past papers are your best friend in the month leading up to the exams anyway -- I didn't take Economics, but this should apply to all subjects. Try to cover your bases before your teacher leaves -- look through your IB materials, figure out problem spots you have, and ask about them while you still have your teacher.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

I had Econ HL online and my teacher was 300% useless. I logged off of the course 2 months before exams and found that I was still prepared for the exams. The trick is to get your hands on a textbook and a copy of the syllabus and work through every single skill. Also, past exams are posted for free online and you can do those to see where you stand.

The teacher does not determine your success in IB. YOUR STUDY SKILLS DO.

• Like 1