IB Predicted Grades

Ion

Hey there, I'm an IB student, and i just finished my IB1 final exams. I think that my predicted grade will be 35/42 but i definitely need 36/42. Does anyone know if i can improve my predicted grade in the first months of IB2?  

Also, does the predicted grade include TOK and if yes when am i supposed to obtain this grade?

• Like 1

You can improve your predicted grades if you show potential for higher grades through in-class assessments, and by talking to your teacher to get what you need.

And yes, predicted grades do include the core points and this is done through your TOK teachers & EE supervisor determining what you'd be predicted for both. Not sure about how other schools do it, but at mine you only get 3 points if you have a predicted A in both TOK and EE (even though you just need an A/B for the final grades)

There are 2 'types' of scores: the complete score out of 45 which includes TOK and EE, and the core score which is out of 42 and is just the subjects you take. So if you want a 36/42, then TOK can't get you there because it is a bonus course.

There is definitely a possibility to boost your predicted score. You will want to study really hard for the next few months to prove that you deserve the extra point. Talk to your teachers as well. I got my English teacher to give me a higher mark because I wrote an extra essay to prove it and I talked to her about how important it was for university applications. 

Good luck :)

Even though I've only barely started my EE, I'll already be receiving my first full set of predicted scores taking TOK into account next week.

From what I've heard from the above grade level, their predicted grades are always updated after very mock exam, or if there's been a significant improvement in overall class work and effort, which I'm assuming is what you're aiming for in the first few months of IB2.