Study Breaks

Johannes

We have mock exams week 8 (february I think) and after that we are supposed to be done with all syllabi and subjects!

So then starts revision and we can go to classes that we need, because the teacher will go through different topics for revision.

If we need help and so on. I don't know exactly when there are no more of these lessons but I would guess sometime in April.

I think it is quite good. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Same at my school, we don't get a break prior to the exams but we get one after to study for our provincial exams. =l

Are you from Ontario? That sucks that you still have to write provincial exams afterwards for IB2..or are you still in IB1?

Because I'm from Ontario and in IB1 we still had to write provincial exams (not for french and math though), and in IB2 we were completely done after IB exams.

Are you from Ontario? That sucks that you still have to write provincial exams afterwards for IB2..or are you still in IB1?

Because I'm from Ontario and in IB1 we still had to write provincial exams (not for french and math though), and in IB2 we were completely done after IB exams.

Naw I'm from Calgary and in IB2. And yea we have to write the provincial exams after still...and this year I don't even think we get a break between our IB exams and our provincial exams because our teachers have to finish teaching us the curriculum from Alberta Education and prepare us for a completely new type of exam.

• 5 months later...
we didnt get a study break... but none of us went to school regularly after easter break hahaa.

Something about enforcing suspensions regarding skipping. Anyway, I haven't skipped once this term. Might get some freak flu the week before exams though. XD

Edit: we're done most of our courses too. Quite stupid, admin just want us to be there for the sake of being at school.

Edited by Irene

I'm in the middle of my study break, it's 4 weeks and seems like nothing... I can't believe some of you guys only have 1 week or so study leave!

Well we didn't finish the syllabi 100%, for example in the sciences we didn't complete the options, so they are basically self taught. I guess that's the purpose of school.

• 2 weeks later...

for us (in Ontario), our french teacher is messed up, and i think she's making us do some composition exam for provincials in IB1, did you have that too?

but we finish the syllabi really fast for math and we get a month for study break :rofl: