IB help? Why am I doing SO BAD????

Kroinky

2 hours ago, Kroinky said:

Yeah we study all 8-9 courses at once, there's no sets. I'm fortunate enough to go to a prestigious private school my whole entire life. 

But thank you so much for your help. 

As for the IB (which we're suppose to talk about on this site lol), I spoke with my advisor this week and she said that if my marks have dropped in the IB, it's better to consider switching to the regular classes next year. Even though it prepares me well for university (which I really really want as well), I need to face the present and try and get into university first and not struggle to borderline pass the IB. She said that the IB might not be for me, and that my 55 in the final exam in chem and 65 in bio showed that it may be a lack of effort, but that's totally not true. They are my favourite subjects (well maybe not chem lol). So she concluded that the IB just doesn't work for me. 

Still managed an 86% overall average somehow... lmao

In your case you should probably drop to regular courses. If you remain in the private school, then your application still looks prestigious.

IB really isn't for everyone. A guy in my school with a 150 IQ completely failed (I'm talking like 2s and 3s in all courses) but he's still a smart guy.

Also, Ottawa doesn't care much about IB. If you can maintain that 86 in regular courses then you should have no trouble getting in

On 6/25/2016 at 11:43 PM, VeronicaG said:

In your case you should probably drop to regular courses. If you remain in the private school, then your application still looks prestigious.

IB really isn't for everyone. A guy in my school with a 150 IQ completely failed (I'm talking like 2s and 3s in all courses) but he's still a smart guy.

Also, Ottawa doesn't care much about IB. If you can maintain that 86 in regular courses then you should have no trouble getting in

On 6/25/2016 at 10:02 PM, IBGeek said:

Hi guys,

I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to add my two cents on whether people should stay in IB or not:

- IB offers you the chance to gain valuable skills, such as time management skills, which will make life in university easier for you. However, it's not impossible to gain these skills outside of IB. IB simply provides you with an opportunity to learn to manage a large workload. You'll have a workload regardless of where you are, so it is definitely possible to gain these essential skills in a regular provincial program.

- IB also offers you a chance to learn university content ahead of time, which is great! :) However, this is never a requirement. This is what my IB coordinator said: No university professor will attempt to identify and separate the IB students from the non - IB students. They don't care that you've learned what they're teaching already, they need to accommodate those who have not learned ahead of time. You are capable of getting through university without an IB background.

I think IB offers an advantage because it wakes you up to the realities of post-secondary education: heavy workloads, difficult subjects, etc. There's no doubt IB is a great program and that you'd be well - prepared. However, you'll do just as great in university without it! If you think leaving the IB is where you'll find the advantage, then that's the way to go! :) 

I wish you well in your academic pursuits!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. You really made me feel motivated and less clueless about everything lol.