hELP! Language B choices T T

Vivianne

Apparently stuck in a tug of war right now T-T 

I'm Canadian, yet I have been raised in Hong Kong since the age of 4. Considering English as my first language, I learned the language Chinese by myself at the age of 9. I had taken french courses at the beginning of grade 10 and took a year's hiatus on Chinese. While talking this situation with my parents they think that I should just drop Chinese and study Language B French SL however, due to our school's teacher staff there is no one to teach French anymore, the only reply we got from our school was to hire a tutor ourselves and learn French without any help provided from the school. After taking the school's reply in consideration, my experience in learning Chinese at a normal standard level is just too much for myself, despite the fact that I can only speak in Mandarin and Cantonese, writing the language itself is the problem. 

Any comments and ideas if I should take Language B Chinese SL or Language B French SL? Please, and thank you!

From what I've heard from my friends, Language B Chinese SL is ridiculously easy.

As someone who also takes a Language B subject (Indonesian), I'd say its really just a lot of emphasis on basic reading comprehension and a small degree of free writing. You won't need to write full-length essays or memorize long texts as well. 

If you have no teacher to support for you for French, I'd strongly recommend Chinese B SL. Having a dedicated teacher for a subject goes a long way, even if its the harder subject choice. 

Edited by IB`ez