If I fail my Chem IA

gohgy

I'm going to assume by failing it, you mean getting less than a 3/7 for your Chemistry IA. If that's the case, then it still should be fine provided your exams aren't at the same level as your IA only counts towards 20% of your final grade. If say you got a 4 for your exams but a 1 or 2 in your IA, you'll only go down to a 3 at most, which is still a pass.

If you mean failing it as your IA getting rejected due to suspicion of plagiarism/academic dishonesty etc., then you'll fail the entire subject (I think) and you won't be able to receive the diploma as well.

Seeing as your exams are in Nov 2016, I'm pretty sure the final IA deadline is like September or October? Which means you still have time. 

There is no distinctions between pass and fail for IAs. In order for Diplomma to be awarded, one must submit all IAs, papers, and externally moderated works. As long as you have all the necessary sections in an IA, it will be considered to be submitted. As long as you meet/exceed the passing conditions, which exist for overall DP rather than individual courses, you can get the Diploma!