Jump to content

5 days until IB results!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hola everyone! There's only 5 days left for the results and I'm freaking out so badly. I have a conditional offer and my future depends on this. I don't even know how I did on any paper any more and I can't wait to get the results!  Is it just me or is someone else going through this too? Also, how do I calm the f down (cause I seriously need to)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SNJERIN
16 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Hola everyone! There's only 5 days left for the results and I'm freaking out so badly. I have a conditional offer and my future depends on this. I don't even know how I did on any paper any more and I can't wait to get the results!  Is it just me or is someone else going through this too? Also, how do I calm the f down (cause I seriously need to)?

Same here, I am freaking out like crazy and I just wanna get this over with. It's such a pain that we have to wait all this time to get our results. I also started to feel like I didn't do well in my exams even though I was kinda happy about my performance in May. 

The obvious advice would be to forget about all the IB stuff and enjoy your summer instead ( but that didn't work for me :( at least). I hope you meet your conditional offer in the end (Its just 5 days left so its't that much anyways). what is your conditional offer btw? mine is 40!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Same here, I am freaking out like crazy and I just wanna get this over with. It's such a pain that we have to wait all this time to get our results. I also started to feel like I didn't do well in my exams even though I was kinda happy about my performance in May. 

The obvious advice would be to forget about all the IB stuff and enjoy your summer instead ( but that didn't work for me :( at least). I hope you meet your conditional offer in the end (Its just 5 days left so its't that much anyways). what is your conditional offer btw? mine is 40!

 

I'm a ball of stress about this too :(

To keep my uni offer, I just need to pass, but I have my own expectations :( I'm aiming for high thirties to 40+ with an A on the EE. 

 

Good luck to you guys :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Same here, I am freaking out like crazy and I just wanna get this over with. It's such a pain that we have to wait all this time to get our results. I also started to feel like I didn't do well in my exams even though I was kinda happy about my performance in May. 

The obvious advice would be to forget about all the IB stuff and enjoy your summer instead ( but that didn't work for me :( at least). I hope you meet your conditional offer in the end (Its just 5 days left so its't that much anyways). what is your conditional offer btw? mine is 40!

 

In May, even I thought I did good enough. Now I'm not sure; I just hope I get diploma! @_@ I need a 32 and 5 in HLs. Good luck! 

Thanks ShootingStar16 good luck to you too.

I guess everyone needs it rn. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same I am so nervous whenever I think about it I'm about to faint. It also keeps coming up in my dreams and everyday I dream I got something different lol. And I have conditional offers too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thecsstudent said:

Same I am so nervous whenever I think about it I'm about to faint. It also keeps coming up in my dreams and everyday I dream I got something different lol. And I have conditional offers too. 

What are your conditions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, Haitham Wahid said:

Same here, I am freaking out like crazy and I just wanna get this over with. It's such a pain that we have to wait all this time to get our results. I also started to feel like I didn't do well in my exams even though I was kinda happy about my performance in May. 

The obvious advice would be to forget about all the IB stuff and enjoy your summer instead ( but that didn't work for me :( at least). I hope you meet your conditional offer in the end (Its just 5 days left so its't that much anyways). what is your conditional offer btw? mine is 40!

 

40 is high. :( mine is 42, 7 7 7HL. not gonna happen. 

 

I have spent this month estimating my results. It is really funny. I think I will get like 38-40. 

 

can't wait to get my results. (On my birthday...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Lee said:

Salute to those who have taken the IB HL Physics Exam 2016

LOL I'm crying rn :crying: Did you take physics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been worrying so much about my results, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares about physics or math. I don't even have any conditional offers to meet because I'm taking a gap year for the army XD But I'm still a nervous wreck. "Enjoy your summer, don't think about your results" they said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all the stress has pretty much desensitized me by this point, because I don't really think about my results all that much. I guess it helps that my university acceptance isn't based on my receiving the IB Diploma, but for those of who where it is, I wish you the best of luck!! I'm personally aiming for 40+, but I know a lot of my friends are genuinely convinced that I can get 45 (not me though lol)


I mentioned this in another thread and I'll say it here again -- you probably did better than you think you did. You can miss a lot of marks and still get good scores! One of my teachers mentioned that the "rule of thumb" is that the mark you got times 10 is about how much you answered correctly (7 => 70%, 6 => 60%, etc.). I'm not sure how accurate that is, considering some groups are much more subjective than others (looking at you English A Lit HL :/). From what I've looked at, and from experience, you can loose a lot of marks and still do fine. I will never forget my astonishment when I found out that I could literally get 0 marks on History HL Paper 1 (barring that I did well on the other papers) and still get a 7! It also shocked me when I sat down and did a Math HL Paper 1 (being in Math SL + AP Calculus BC), and got a 7 on it without answering at least 3 questions, one of which was in section B. If any of you have an estimate on how many marks you got on each paper (even a very rough estimate is fine!) for an exam, I can attempt to predict your score. I'm sure some of you (probably many) already know how to do this, but I thought I'd offer anyways. Just message me if you're interested! :)

You can do it guys!! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNintendoChip said:

I think all the stress has pretty much desensitized me by this point, because I don't really think about my results all that much. I guess it helps that my university acceptance isn't based on my receiving the IB Diploma, but for those of who where it is, I wish you the best of luck!! I'm personally aiming for 40+, but I know a lot of my friends are genuinely convinced that I can get 45 (not me though lol)


I mentioned this in another thread and I'll say it here again -- you probably did better than you think you did. You can miss a lot of marks and still get good scores! One of my teachers mentioned that the "rule of thumb" is that the mark you got times 10 is about how much you answered correctly (7 => 70%, 6 => 60%, etc.). I'm not sure how accurate that is, considering some groups are much more subjective than others (looking at you English A Lit HL :/). From what I've looked at, and from experience, you can loose a lot of marks and still do fine. I will never forget my astonishment when I found out that I could literally get 0 marks on History HL Paper 1 (barring that I did well on the other papers) and still get a 7! It also shocked me when I sat down and did a Math HL Paper 1 (being in Math SL + AP Calculus BC), and got a 7 on it without answering at least 3 questions, one of which was in section B. If any of you have an estimate on how many marks you got on each paper (even a very rough estimate is fine!) for an exam, I can attempt to predict your score. I'm sure some of you (probably many) already know how to do this, but I thought I'd offer anyways. Just message me if you're interested! :)

You can do it guys!! :D

You're making me feel a lot better about my IB results as well as diploma exam results :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.