IB Results 2016

I was just wondering if anyone doing the IB in the UK (or applying to a UK university) knows whether or not UCAS Track updates on July 6th? We have to wait until 2:45pm until our results are published, so I just wanted to know whether or not I could be put out of my misery by checking Track in the morning.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, AliceIB2016 said:

Ok but does track update on the morning of the 6th? That's the question that I asked

wait... UCAS track?

U need to first get ur results, and then contact the uni, tell them your results, they (Unis) will then inform the UCAS track. (it might take a few days. It is at least what I was told)

But really, if you met your conditions, unis wouldn't reject you. If yours didn't, then you might need to an email to the Uni and try to convince them that you are valuable to the uni. Then it is the Uni's call.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, AliceIB2016 said:

I was just wondering if anyone doing the IB in the UK (or applying to a UK university) knows whether or not UCAS Track updates on July 6th? We have to wait until 2:45pm until our results are published, so I just wanted to know whether or not I could be put out of my misery by checking Track in the morning.

Thanks! 

You can ask your IB coordinator to send the results directly to the university and he/she can even upload it on UCAS. Talk to your IB coordinator.

I am a bit confused because I am applying to 3 different countries, if I am wrong, please do correct me. Some universities want me to submit the results to them through some other pathway.  :hisfault:

Once we got our IB results, UCAS will receive it? (According to the UCAS website, they do receive International Baccalaureate).

UCAS will update whether you have reached the offers for your firm / insurance, then university may contact you individually through email / phone / anyway. 

According to UCAS:  

What we do with your results

1. First we match them to exam entry records and to the qualifications you list on your application.

If your application info doesn't match your results, there might be a delay in the outcome of your offer.

2. Then we send them on to the unis and colleges you're holding offers from.

Generally it's only the overall result we process and pass on, but there are some exceptions.

In some cases where the exam is a modular set of subjects – like a BTEC, International Baccalaureate or Irish Leaving Certificate – we also mention the subjects taken and grades for each one.

And for A levels, we include the unit grades as well as your overall grade.

•  

I am a bit confused because I am applying to 3 different countries, if I am wrong, please do correct me. Some universities want me to submit the results to them through some other pathway.  :hisfault:

Once we got our IB results, UCAS will receive it? (According to the UCAS website, they do receive International Baccalaureate).

UCAS will update whether you have reached the offers for your firm / insurance, then university may contact you individually through email / phone / anyway. 

According to UCAS:  

What we do with your results

1. First we match them to exam entry records and to the qualifications you list on your application.

If your application info doesn't match your results, there might be a delay in the outcome of your offer.

2. Then we send them on to the unis and colleges you're holding offers from.

Generally it's only the overall result we process and pass on, but there are some exceptions.

In some cases where the exam is a modular set of subjects – like a BTEC, International Baccalaureate or Irish Leaving Certificate – we also mention the subjects taken and grades for each one.

And for A levels, we include the unit grades as well as your overall grade.

•  

For UCAS to get your results you have to ask your IBC to send them over (it takes a few minutes). And track doesn't update immediately, it's usually a few days later. I just checked on my email, and in the year when I was applying straight after I finished the IB, it updated on the 17th of July. So almost 2 weeks after the results were out. 

• Like 1