Extended Essay

Rik

8 hours ago, Erika Ng said:

My research question: "To what extent do school policies affect the behavior of a student outside school campus?"

What topic of psychology can be used to study this?

I don't take psych, but I think you should narrow your topic down a bit (maybe narrow it down to a specific school or a specific type of school policy?). 

I don't take psych, but I think you should narrow your topic down a bit (maybe narrow it down to a specific school or a specific type of school policy?). 

"To what extent do Chinese-Filipino school policies affect the behavior of a student outside school campus?"

Now.. I don't have psyche in my school. So I have no idea what topic this question falls under.

Ah, this is why most people recommend your EE subject is one that you actually take so that you can avoid this form of dilemma. However, have you read the EE guide? It may be able to help you a little until someone who takes Psychology answers this thread.

Aside from that, hopefully your EE supervisor has a decent amount of knowledge/expertise in what you're doing - make good use of what you've already got! Ask your EE supervisor for advice and direction.

I don't take psychology, though I feel as though your EE topic is still too broad. What sort of school policy are you looking at (Policies related to ____?)? How do "Chinese-Filipino" school policies differ from other school policies? By "student" - which age group are you referring to? Primary school children? Teenagers?

I wouldn't be too worried about what topic your question falls under first, but rather, ensuring your question is one that you can answer in the maximum of 4,000 words you are given - Trust me, 4,000 words may seem like a lot, but you'll soon find yourself struggling not to go over the word limit if your question is too broad! After you've done that, you can start looking at the evidence that can help formulate to what extent these school policies do affect student behavior - knowing what psychology topic your EE topic falls under may be helpful, but ultimately, it's the evidence/information you want to pry out.

• Like 1