Transcript and university questions URGENT

Hi all, I posted this topic to many places because I don't know where does my problem belong to.

Have been admitted conditionally to the university of helsinki. They need my diploma as the condition. I don't have other places to study, it's a long story but this is now a fact. If I don't get this problem solved, I will have no study place. I'm sure everyone knows what this means, and this suddenly.

In January, they had replied to me that yes, they can see my results if it's electronically sent via the IBIS system. So my IB coordinator made a request to send transcript to university of helsinki. ELECTRONICALLY appeared automatically, this means that the university had agreed with the ib that they will only take electrical forms of the diploma.

But now they tell me that they only accept paper form, the original or a certified copy of that. They do not accept electronically. And that sorry for the misinformation before, it may been possible in years before. This can't happen because I asked them in January and said that I was applying in this spring. We talked and talked, how can they do that but they are not changing it, it must be in paper form and arrive before 15th of July. I have even forwarded the original January email to them, asked them when have they changed the rules and how can they do that just during application period without any notice, but they are not changing the conditions.

My high school is in China and the university is in Finland. I have asked from graduates that it really takes a long time before my high school receives my diploma, and after that it needs to be sent to Finland. Even with DHL it's not possible.

My school's ib coordinator and the principle all seems to be on holidays somewhere, because usually they check their emails everyday regularly and I don't have their phone number, so I haven't got any replies from them

I can access my grades on candidates website, but it's not a pdf version, so I can't send this first to the university and hope that they would give me some time more and wait for the paper form.

We have contacted the ministry of education in Finland, but I don't know will they reply anything to us.

Also contacting the IB answers now. The problem here is that it takes many days to process and mail (graduate from my school said 2 weeks), so we need to somehow make this an urgent and special case.  I'm sure the university of helsinki can access the IBIS system, but they are just not going to.

I would like to spread my problem to the wider public, if someone knows something that can help me in this situation, or maybe know someone that may have some advice or idea.

Thank you so much, everyone that took time and read this!

•  

Edited by Mad Hatter

Try submit a requrest through this link: https://rrs.ibo.org/replacement_orders/index.cfm Whatever you read on that website supersedes (takes priority over) what I say below.
The cost is USD$17 OR 21 Swiss Francs OR 10 British Pound (probably best bet because of Brexit) OR 12 Euro or 20 Singapore Dollar. 
I can't guarantee results but best you try this. Select " Request for results to Institutes of higher education". Payment methods are outline below. 

IB Answer call line operates 24 hours from Monday to Friday (in local time). Here are the numbers
UK: + 44 29 2054 7740
• Geneva (Switzerland): + 41 22 309 2515
• Singapore: + 65 6579 5055
• US: + 1 301 202 3025
• The Hague (Netherlands): + 31 70 352 6055
• Buenos Aires (Argentina): + 54 11 6090 8625

(I assume you will be prompted for credit card information, but here are the directions for schools if they help in anyway.)

U616Eia.png

aWuvrv1.png

H5ukhog.png

Edited by kw0573

Try submit a requrest through this link: https://rrs.ibo.org/replacement_orders/index.cfm Whatever you read on that website supersedes (takes priority over) what I say below.
The cost is USD$17 OR 21 Swiss Francs OR 10 British Pound (probably best bet because of Brexit) OR 12 Euro or 20 Singapore Dollar. 
I can't guarantee results but best you try this. Select " Request for results to Institutes of higher education". Payment methods are outline below. 

IB Answer call line operates 24 hours from Monday to Friday (in local time). Here are the numbers
UK: + 44 29 2054 7740
• Geneva (Switzerland): + 41 22 309 2515
• Singapore: + 65 6579 5055
• US: + 1 301 202 3025
• The Hague (Netherlands): + 31 70 352 6055
• Buenos Aires (Argentina): + 54 11 6090 8625

(I assume you will be prompted for credit card information, but here are the directions for schools if they help in anyway.)

U616Eia.png

aWuvrv1.png

H5ukhog.png

Isn't this service to give permission to the universities to access your results electronically? What OP was saying is that the university is requesting a hard copy (paper form) of results.

@ultimateone
Thanks for validating/questioning other's input to ensure accurate information is conveyed, as I do the same from time to time. 
From p 133 of Handbook of Procedures 2016 (effective until 2017),
"Results are released through a secure website to those universities using the online service. Release of this information is not staggered; universities are able to access all information at 1200 hours [On July 5 and Jan 5 of corresponding examination session] provided that the coordinator has submitted
a request for the universities results service. See section A9.5 for details. For universities that require results in paper form, these documents (transcripts of grades) are printed and sent out in the weeks after results issue according to university deadlines."

If Helsinki University do not accept electronic results, then they have told IB, so that IB can mail the results accordingly. I assume IB will realize something is wrong if Helsinki rejects the online copy. 

I highly doubt that Helsinki will receive a physical copy before July 15, but it's worth a try. 

Also, I recommend emailing the University Management, such as the Chancellor or the Rector (prob the Rector) directly, as they are higher-ranking than Admissions. https://www.helsinki.fi/en/university/strategy-and-management/university-management

EDIT: On the second page of the link in my first post, you have an option to add comment, namely a comment that specifies paper delivery by July 15th. Also high schools do not receive the diploma until September, so you can probably give up on that route. The link and IB Answers are your best chances. 

Edited by kw0573

@ultimateone
Thanks for validating/questioning other's input to ensure accurate information is conveyed, as I do the same from time to time. 
"Results are released through a secure website to those universities using the online service. Release of this information is not staggered; universities are able to access all information at 1200 hours [On July 5 and Jan 5 of corresponding examination session] provided that the coordinator has submitted
a request for the universities results service. See section A9.5 for details. For universities that require results in paper form, these documents (transcripts of grades) are printed and sent out in the weeks after results issue according to university deadlines."

If Helsinki University do not accept electronic results, then they have told IB, so that IB can mail the results accordingly. I assume IB will realize something is wrong if Helsinki rejects the online copy. 

I highly doubt that Helsinki will receive a physical copy before July 15, but it's worth a try. 

Also, I recommend emailing the University Management, such as the Chancellor or the Rector (prob the Rector) directly, as they are higher-ranking than Admissions. https://www.helsinki.fi/en/university/strategy-and-management/university-management

Oh riiight, okay that makes sense :) 

@ultimateone

EDIT: On the second page of the link in my first post, you have an option to add comment, namely a comment that specifies paper delivery by July 15th. Also high schools do not receive the diploma until September, so you can probably give up on that route. The link and IB Answers are your best chances. 

Thank you guys so much! I have requested another transcript and noted my situation+paper form before deadline if additional fees the we pay. But can't count on that.

IB confirmed that the university checks via IBIS online, but the university says something else (so it seems the university haven't told anyone that rules were changed). So I sent an email to both ib and the university with both English and Finnish, wrote what my school and ib replied to me, suggested the uni and ib to contact each other directly as the problem cannot be solved through me. In Finland they just started a working day, so I'm thinking to wait for replies from ib&university first or forward to the university managemet now and explain what happened?

Thank you guys so much! I have requested another transcript and noted my situation+paper form before deadline if additional fees the we pay. But can't count on that.

IB confirmed that the university checks via IBIS online, but the university says something else (so it seems the university haven't told anyone that rules were changed). So I sent an email to both ib and the university with both English and Finnish, wrote what my school and ib replied to me, suggested the uni and ib to contact each other directly as the problem cannot be solved through me. In Finland they just started a working day, so I'm thinking to wait for replies from ib&university first or forward to the university managemet now and explain what happened?

Thank you so much guys!!!!

I was just writing an email to the university's management team and the admission service replied me. They apologized for the misinformation and said that it is true after January they no longer have an account on IBIS. Due to this they will accept if my school send my graduation time+final grades before the deadline via email, instead of a paper copy.

They will still get the additional paper copy I just requested later, so if they want, they can make sure my marks are true.

Now just waiting for the grades!...Nervous...

• Like 2