How useless IB was to me

Guest Nope

Guest Nope

Title says it all. I failed the IB certificates requirements by 1 exam point. Took all the classes and got pretty average grades (B-C). Applied to my favorite and desired university and got wait listed. Then rejected after a 5 month standoff. (Hate the university now and hopes its reputation gets tarnished) Anyways I'm stuck at community college now due to this. It was my mistake for thinking IB would help me achieve my college dreams. I was told that if I took regular honors courses that I would get into my university pretty easily. I thought colleges like seeing IB courses? Guess not. Life is taking a turn for the worst... 

Guest Nope

Universities might like seeing IB classes, but not failed IB classes... If you expected to get good grades without putting in sufficient effort, then, well, it's hardly anyone else's fault, is it? 

I didn't fail the classes. I only failed the requirements for the certificate. 

Well, if you failed, obviously the university looks at it as if you haven't done it, since you didn't get the diploma. I know it sucks but I don't think you can be mad at anybody... Failing just sucks, but others shouldn't be discouraged to do it. 

I'm not exactly discouraging people. Just recommending that the IB diploma is a better goal to go after than the certificate.

I'm sorry, but you sound very bitter. You "hate the university now and hope its reputation is tarnished." Just because you didn't get in doesn't mean you should hate that university. This rejection should inspire you to work harder in your current college and try to transfer into a better college that you'd prefer. This isn't IB's fault either; many people have gotten their certificates and diplomas. I understand that you're upset you didn't get the certificate, but when you were applying to colleges last autumn, the colleges only saw that you were taking the courses and what grades you had so far in the classes. They couldn't know if you were going to receive the certificate yet. Just take some time to calm down and weigh all your options. Work hard and stay dedicated.

Edited by tigryonak
  • Like 1