Question about IB re-evaluation

I got my score today which was 39. I kinda expected from 39 to 41 so I am pretty much satisfied. However, I've realised that my math HL is only one mark away from 7 as well as for my TOK to get B. 

I am thinking about asking for re-evaluation because I will be applying for universities with final score while I have been accepted to some universities in Hong Kong.

The question is, I got Chem HL 7 with 79% which is pretty close to the 78% 7 boundary. Other subject scores are really far away from lower boundary, so I don't worry about losing marks on other subjects.  If I request for remark and my chem score actually drops to 6, do I have a choice on which score I can use? For example, if that's the case, I would want my original 39 score. 

I am pretty thrilled to meet my goal, but getting 6 in math HL and C for TOK with one mark difference kinda sucks so....

I'm pretty sure that remarks only apply to the subjects you ask the IB to remark - not your whole diploma. So I don't think asking for a remark would affect your chem score. 

After all, if you only want one subject re-evaluated, why would they want to waste the time looking at all your other work again? 

Also, congrats on your score!

Edited by terribletouw

I'm pretty sure that remarks only apply to the subjects you ask the IB to remark - not your whole diploma. So I don't think asking for a remark would affect your chem score. 

After all, if you only want one subject re-evaluated, why would they want to waste the time looking at all your other work again? 

Also, congrats on your score!

Appreciate it! Best of luck to you for the following exam in november!

You only remark the subject you chose to remark, not all of them. So your remarking Maths will not affect Chemistry score in any way. 

Just keep in mind that maths scores are much less likely to be changed than essay-based subjects. 

You only remark the subject you chose to remark, not all of them. So your remarking Maths will not affect Chemistry score in any way. 

Just keep in mind that maths scores are much less likely to be changed than essay-based subjects. 

I would also like to add for papers in maths and chemistry, often 2-4 marks on a paper equate to 1 mark out of 100 at the end. Usually for essay-based subjects, 1-2 marks in an assessment often translate to 1 mark out of 100.  

• Like 1