Remark TOK/EE and language A?

Maggiez

Hi everyone,

Now the May 2016 result is out..I received 43/45 for my final with two B's for my EE and TOK. 

My EE grade is 27, 2 marks off from the A boundary 29.

My TOK grade is 18, 4 marks off from the A boundary 22. 

And I received a 6 for Chinese A Literature and I am 4 marks off from the 7 boundary. The 7 boundary is 82 and the 6 boundary is 71.

Do you guys recommend me to get a remark? What are some potential consequences? Which one to remark? As far as I can see I am at a high B for EE, so there might be less to lose if I remark EE?

In terms of the language A exam, is it worth to get a remark? Has any one done Group One subject remark? What are the chances for an increased grade? 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

PS:just to confirm: you can choose certain subjects to be remarked instead of the whole exam right? Cuz I am on the 7 boundary for chemistry and I don't want to risk that.....

Edited by Maggiez

My math HL is one mark away from 7 and TOK also one mark away from B. In answering your last question, no. You can choose which subject you would like to appeal for a remark. I also got them HL 7 with 79% when lower boundary is 78% (Thank God). 

I think expecting to change more than two marks is really unrealistic especially because all the IA and papers are double, tripled checked by experience examiners.

I think you might as well just ask for remark for EE. However, you only need A-B combination for 3 bonus points so I think you shouldn't remark TOK. 

For Chinese A, I think it is unrealistic to expect your score to be boosted to 7 because 4 marks are pretty HUGE. 

Thank you and Congratulations on finishing IB!

I might just get EE remarked(but honestly don't think it will increase to A) but at least have a try haha~

My math HL is one mark away from 7 and TOK also one mark away from B. In answering your last question, no. You can choose which subject you would like to appeal for a remark. I also got them HL 7 with 79% when lower boundary is 78% (Thank God). 

I think expecting to change more than two marks is really unrealistic especially because all the IA and papers are double, tripled checked by experience examiners.

I think you might as well just ask for remark for EE. However, you only need A-B combination for 3 bonus points so I think you shouldn't remark TOK. 

For Chinese A, I think it is unrealistic to expect your score to be boosted to 7 because 4 marks are pretty HUGE. 

Hi everyone,

Now the May 2016 result is out..I received 43/45 for my final with two B's for my EE and TOK. 

And I received a 6 for Chinese A Literature and I am 4 marks off from the 7 boundary. The 7 boundary is 82 and the 6 boundary is 71.

Do you guys recommend me to get a remark? What are some potential consequences? Which one to remark? As far as I can see I am at a high B for EE, so there might be less to lose if I remark EE?

In terms of the language A exam, is it worth to get a remark? Has any one done Group One subject remark? What are the chances for an increased grade? 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

PS:just to confirm: you can choose certain subjects to be remarked instead of the whole exam right? Cuz I am on the 7 boundary for chemistry and I don't want to risk that.....

I'm exactly the same with EE and ToK! Scary! But yeah idk which to remark. It's risky for both since they're so subjective, I might get a C or worse, it's that random.

Btw may I ask how come you're in NZ and you're doing exams in May? Was that a retake session?

I'm exactly the same with EE and ToK! Scary! But yeah idk which to remark. It's risky for both since they're so subjective, I might get a C or worse, it's that random.

Btw may I ask how come you're in NZ and you're doing exams in May? Was that a retake session?

ooh did you get two B's as well lol? Well for me, I might just get my EE remarked. Cuz if I am lucky and my grade is raised I will get 3 marks; but if my EE grade drops to C I can still maintain two points with a B and a C.

Ooh yeah I am from New Zealand and no this is not a retake. Our school is the only school in NZ that follows a Northern Hemisphere calendar ,so that we can apply for universities in Northern Hemisphere easier.

ooh did you get two B's as well lol? Well for me, I might just get my EE remarked. Cuz if I am lucky and my grade is raised I will get 3 marks; but if my EE grade drops to C I can still maintain two points with a B and a C.

Ooh yeah I am from New Zealand and no this is not a retake. Our school is the only school in NZ that follows a Northern Hemisphere calendar ,so that we can apply for universities in Northern Hemisphere easier.

Two Bs with the exact marks too lol. I guess that's a logical move, I might do the same.

ooh interesting, only school! is it only for students that are sure they want to go to the northern hemisphere? besides, may I know what's wrong with NZ's universities? imo it's a wonderful place and I'm thinking of applying there actually. 

On a side note, did you guys get TZ2 exams?

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot in advance. 

I will suggest you just get your EE remark because 4 marks is quite a lot. IBO will not remark the whole exam but specific subjects only. 

Personally, if you are just 1 or 2 marks off to the higher boundary, do a REMARK. If 3 or more marks off, I will not waste that money because there is only a small chance that you will get a higher grade.  

• Like 1