Cost of a remark?

The00333

Woah really??? We have to pay 900 riyals here (that's about 248 USD). Either your school is paying for the remarks, or my school is stealing from us

It depends on the school. Some schools cover some/most/all of the costs associated with remarks while others make you responsible for the remarks.

Holy **** wtf that can't be real!!?? Your school is doing sth shady i swear

Now idk if that's the actual IB fee, but yeah our school doesn't fund anything, all responsibility's on us. But haha yeah it's a lot, I'm super skeptical about my school. Everything seems overpriced, even field trip fees, it's like they're always searching for an opportunity to get profit.

Now idk if that's the actual IB fee, but yeah our school doesn't fund anything, all responsibility's on us. But haha yeah it's a lot, I'm super skeptical about my school. Everything seems overpriced, even field trip fees, it's like they're always searching for an opportunity to get profit.

That's like all schools :P

We have to pay a student union fee, which is just stupid since those "representatives" do nothing.

Found out a few months back, they binged it on a camping trip and a Wii U for themselves.

I hope to provide a definitive answer on this:
The answers can be found on pages 156-157 of the current Handbook of Procedures. A pure regrade of external assessments per subject cost USD$117 or €82. You can request an additional report on regrades up to a month after you received the new results, which include an examiner's specific justifications of how marks were awarded in your specific case. The regrade report cost USD$201 or €140 in addition, per subject. I cannot say for sure that school of @ultimateone is ripping him off, as there may be other fees associated with regrades based on different circumstances, such as from results legalization, assessment materials return, or currency exchanges. 

Side note, because 10 marks of your ToK is based on the presentation and is practically internally assessed, it will not be regraded. Only your 20-mark essay (scaled up from a raw score out of 10) will be regraded if you choose to submit the request. 

Edited by kw0573

I don't have to pay for my remarking, since I live in Denmark where education is payed through our taxes - so indirectly, my parents did pay, but even if I didn't send it in, that'd still have to pay that. However, from what I've heard around here since the scores came out, if you did get a better grade then you don't have to pay, since it's valid reason for resending and therefore not a "waste" of the moderator's time.

I don't have to pay for my remarking, since I live in Denmark where education is payed through our taxes - so indirectly, my parents did pay, but even if I didn't send it in, that'd still have to pay that. However, from what I've heard around here since the scores came out, if you did get a better grade then you don't have to pay, since it's valid reason for resending and therefore not a "waste" of the moderator's time.

Yes. The remark fee is paid upfront, and a refund, if the grade assigned changes, comes after.