Remarking Language A

Hi everyone,

Now the May 2016 result is out..I received 43/45 for my final with two B's for my EE and TOK. 

And I received a 6 for Chinese A Literature and I am 4 marks off from the 7 boundary. The 7 boundary is 82 and the 6 boundary is 71.

Do you guys recommend me to get a remark? Has any one done Group One subject remark? What are the chances for an increased grade? 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

PS:just to confirm: you can choose certain subjects to be remarked instead of the whole exam right? Cuz I am on the 7 boundary for chemistry and I don't want to risk that.....

Yes, you can choose just to have one subject remarked, and all the externally assessed works for that subject (in Group 1, it would be the Written Tasks, Paper 1, and Paper 2) will get remarked. 4 marks is considerably off though but as it is a Literature Group 1 subject and you'll have 3 assessments remarked, there would still be a possibility of getting a 7.

That's not a great idea. 4 marks is swinging it hard. Unless you have the remark money just sitting around uselessly.

Thank you for your reply! I might not waste money on Language A remark since I have already met my admission requirement:)

And congratulations on finishing IB:)

Thank you for your reply! I might not waste money on Language A remark since I have already met my admission requirement:)

And congratulations on finishing IB:)

Thanks and same to you! 43 is an amazing score, don't worry about those pesky few individual grades. ;)