Should I get my Exams Remarked??

NewEra12

Hey!

I got my exam results today and I am pretty happy with it. I was able to accurately predict my own scores for the most part so there were no surprises. Plus, I was awarded my diploma. But, in both History of Americas HL and Biology HL i am 4 marks away from a 6. I got a 6 in English A HL.  I want 6s in all my HL because the college that I am going to will only give me credit for the HL courses that I got a 6 or 7 in. So, I do not really care about my SLs.

I wanted to know or get advice from anyone who has had experiecne with getting their exams remarked. Money is not an issue and I don't care if it gets remarked so much that I don't get my diploma (which i doubt will happen because I have 31 points and I doubt it will be marked down that much ... at least i hope not). So does anyone think it is worth it to get my History of Americas HL and biology HL exams remarked??? 

Edited by NewEra12

Hey guys,

i also got my IB results and I Really really need help:( I managed to get 26 points and my marks were pretty good however I got a 1 in chemistry HL. I totally did not expect that mark although I knew how hard chemistry was I thought I'd get at least a 3. My chem teacher was horrible to say the least. However a lot of my teachers asked me to request a remark because my other marks were really good and they think I should really go for it. I'm scared that the mark won't change I mean I have a hard time believing they might actually consider changing the mark from a 1 to a 3 yet o can't help but hope;( what do u guys think? Will it work? Will they look at my overall score of 26 points or they wouldn't care? Plzz helpp

Edited by Shenek
Grammar

@ShenekThey don't look at other subject scores when remarking. If you didn't get diploma because of Chemistry HL then by all means submit this subject for a remark because you really don't have anything to lose other than USD$130 or so. Know that multiple choice (paper 1) won't be regraded, so only paper 2 and 3 marks can be changed. 

@ShenekThey don't look at other subject scores when remarking. If you didn't get diploma because of Chemistry HL then by all means submit this subject for a remark because you really don't have anything to lose other than USD$130 or so. Know that multiple choice (paper 1) won't be regraded, so only paper 2 and 3 marks can be changed. 

@kw0573thank you so much for replying!! I checked the details of my chem mark and turns out I'm one mark away from a 2 so..I thought your right why not I won't have anything to lose hopefully they'll give me that extra mark🙏 But do u think that after getting that 2 I'll be given my diploma? Like even tho it's a HL and a pass is supposed to be a 3. Adding up all my HL theyr 12 points and with the remark they might end up as 13 which is what the IB wants.

@kw0573thank you so much for replying!! I checked the details of my chem mark and turns out I'm one mark away from a 2 so..I thought your right why not I won't have anything to lose hopefully they'll give me that extra mark🙏 But do u think that after getting that 2 I'll be given my diploma? Like even tho it's a HL and a pass is supposed to be a 3. Adding up all my HL theyr 12 points and with the remark they might end up as 13 which is what the IB wants.

In addition, you need have "2"s in NO MORE than two subjects, or

"2"s and "3"s in no more than three subjects. 
"1"s are automatic fails but "2"s and "3"s are fails if only you have too much of them. Otherwise, if you completed CAS, did not receive E in ToK or EE, have accumulated 12 HL points and 9 SL points, you should get your diploma!