IB Year One Scores are in! How is Tok and EE marked?

Merril889

So this year I took two exams, Mathematics SL and Spanish B SL. I got a 4 and 5 respectively. So now all I need is 4's from my 3 HL's and remaining SL and I am peachy right? How does the ToK and the EE come into play for the DP besides being requirements? Help understanding this will be appreciated...

They are graded in a letter A to E basis, with E on any of the two resulting in a failure to obtain the diploma. The two can contribute to add up to 3 points depending on your grade. Look for "IB TOK EE matrix" on Google to see how many points does a combination of specific TOK/EE grade add up to your score.

Edited by udvuvvdu

Hi there,

The way that TOK and EE are marked is very subjective, the final mark depends on many different criteria, so it would be hard to say how it is marked exactly, but just like udvuvvdu said the two can contribute to a maximum or three bonus points; I have include an image of the TOK/EE Matrix below: 

Hope this helps^_^

TOK_matrix.jpg