Remarking Question

Hello! After receiving the IB scores I was bummed out that i got a 23/24 only missing the diploma by 1 point :crying:. I have checked everything and have every requirement except the 24 points to receive the diploma. I saw that remarking was a way to regrade papers to have the possibility to have a higher score. I am currently finding ways to get an extra point through remarking papers for that IB Diploma :D.

Plan A to get 1 point.) So, I received an C on TOK and a D on my EE. I heard that If I were to get a C on both the TOK and EE that I would be eligible for an extra point. In regards to my EE I was only 2 marks off of a C. So my question is, is it worth getting remarked and what are the chances of getting a C?

Also, can you remark papers from a previous year? I took an IB class junior year SL Chemistry and got a 3, was 1 mark off of a 4. wondering if this is eligible for a remark. I know this sounds dumb but I really want that extra point for the IB Diploma :P

Final note, thank you all for helping me through IB! Although, I was never really active and only came to ask for advice in dire situations it was nice to be apart of a community that is very helpful and caring. IB Diploma or not I have no regrets taking IB and will always cherish the knowledge and skills I have gained from this amazing experience. 

Hi there, 

For your question regarding your TOK and EE I have included the table with the conditions required for bonus points below; and yes if you get a C on your EE, you will obtain 1 Bonus point. 

I do not think you can remarks questions from a previous year, sorry. :(

But If you are 2 marks away from a C for your EE i'd have it remarked,; their is increased chances for it to stay the same or go up, compared to it going down. 

Hope this helps, and I wish you the very best of luck! ^_^

TOK_matrix.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply! Since starting this topic I have talked to my guidance counselor and they said that IB does not re-score Extended Essays. I've read on other forums showing students getting their EE remarked and getting a higher score. I am really confused right now whether or not EE can be remarked by IB. 

The current Handbook of Procedures for the DP, section A.11.2 does not explicitly say that EEs cannot be remoderated. This document is IB-official, and can only be denied if your coordinator brings out a more current edition of the Handbook (which does not seem to exist). 

Quote: "This is a re-mark of externally assessed material for an individual candidate. However, the remarking does not include multiple choice components of an examination in a group 4 subject or components for which a mark has been carried over from a previous session. A re-mark cannot be requested for individual components." It remains ambiguous if EE/ToK are 2 components, or just 1. Reading the entire A.11.2 in context, "subject/level" seem to include EE and ToK, and include them separately. The only reason your EE cannot be regraded, is if it was submitted for a previous examination rather than the current one (May 2016).