Predicted Grades

DJDJDJDJ7

I just finished grade 11 and really worried how my predicted grades will turnout. I have shown a lot of improvement over the year. I am confused as to how my grade will be predicted. If I worked hard this term to do better and I still get a low predicted, it would have been worthless. Some background, in my school we get four reports in Grade 11. I got the following grades in order:
November Exams: 25
Semester 1: 25
May Exams: 31
Semester 2: 35
Please could someone help me understand how I will get predicted grades becuase I have 2 grades above the World Average and 2 grades far under.

• Like 1

Predicted grades are at the discretion of the school. So they can be based on mocks, class grades, your report cards, or simply a teacher's opinion of what grade you will get (which was pretty much the method my school adopted). It's usually based on mocks. You should ask your IBC how it's done at your school. 

perhaps not the answer you are looking for, but when i am worried about my predicted grades, i approah my teachers. They are there to help me, not to dictate. That way, you might even get higher grades than planned by explainign how hard you worked. by talking to teachers ive gotten better grades in atleast 2 subjects every year.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Another question say if I were to generally have an upward trend would I be likely to receive a higher predicted.
Like In English SL, I got a 5 for the first two reports and the last two reports I received I got a 7 would I be in any way predicted a 5 or 6 if I was able to achieve a 7 twice.

Thank you so much! Another question say if I were to generally have an upward trend would I be likely to receive a higher predicted.
Like In English SL, I got a 5 for the first two reports and the last two reports I received I got a 7 would I be in any way predicted a 5 or 6 if I was able to achieve a 7 twice.

Because schools are indirectly penalized for inaccurate predictions, such as through IA downward moderations, it is in the school's best interests to predict your scores based on data available at the time of making the predictions, without extrapolating into the future.