MATH EXPLORATION TOPIC = VIDEO GAMES AND VECTORS

Vicky Palami

Hey everyone. So, for my maths exploration I decided to pick something that I really like, and that is, video games. I found out that vectors play an important role in the making of a video game, so I thought it would be a good idea to try to develop a simple video game by focusing in the use of vectors.

My teacher said the topic is alright, but I'm a little scared because I've never heard or read about anyone doing something similar, and maybe that's a good thing I know, but I wanted to know what any of you thought about my topic. Is it good enough for maths SL?

Hey everyone. So, for my maths exploration I decided to pick something that I really like, and that is, video games. I found out that vectors play an important role in the making of a video game, so I thought it would be a good idea to try to develop a simple video game by focusing in the use of vectors.

My teacher said the topic is alright, but I'm a little scared because I've never heard or read about anyone doing something similar, and maybe that's a good thing I know, but I wanted to know what any of you thought about my topic. Is it good enough for maths SL?

Vectors have extensive applications in graphics and video games. However you may be spending extra time than necessary to develop an actual video game. You should frame your study in terms of studying existing applications instead. Always keep in mind of the expectations, including ones on clarity and flow of arguments. I am not saying it's useless to make a simple video game, but you won't be graded an any code that you submit to demonstrate your understanding of math; you need to write, in words, about your process in mathematical terms. You should save some time for revision/homework/writing the actual IA.