Computer Science EE - Considering current computer security measures, should hacking be taught at the high school level?

gllg

Hi everyone. I just want to thank you in advance for reading my post. I really appreciate it! 

I'll be writing my EE on Computer Science. At first, I wanted to compare encryption methods, but I wasn't understanding everything. Then, I was going to compare WEP and WPA networks and their security. After consulting my supervisor, he told me that my focus should be on hacking. One of my sources in my annotated bibliography explained the pros and cons of hacking in regards to technology. He told me that I could implement my research on encryption and networks.

For instance, here's the outline he recommended: 

Should hacking be taught at the high school level?

Pros

Cons

Possible class structure/syllabus (Here I was thinking of implementing security in regards to encryption and networks.)

Ethical Concerns

What do you think about this? After reading the CS EE guidelines, I'm worried that this research question may fall under the information technology in a global society (ITGS) essay section.

Please help. Thank you once again.

You are correct, that kind of outline falls under Information Technology in a Global Society. Computer Science would only concern encryption, and perhaps some of the more technical elements of your response. Ethical considerations etc. are more fitting to an ITGS essay.