Lily Pop

I am using Chicago to write my EE. I feel like my footnotes are taking up too much room on the pages. Most of my sources have URLs with them; is it acceptable to take out all of the URLs of the footnotes if they are included in my Bibliography? Does the Chicago stylebook have any input on this, and what do you think from an IB student's POV?

URLs must be in the citations as per Chicago Style in the full citation. (Access dates aren't needed in the footnotes, just the bibliography)

However after the first time you cite something you are allowed to use a short form. (Typically Last name, title, pg#.) Feel free to shoot me a message if you need specific help with that. 

Lenghthy citations are just fine, they aren't going to dock points for that. However, incorrect citations are grounds for docking points. 

While we're on the subject, what is you EE topic? I ask only because IB tends to get grumpy with lots of internet sources for subjects like history or human rights. 

URLs must be in the citations as per Chicago Style in the full citation. (Access dates aren't needed in the footnotes, just the bibliography)

However after the first time you cite something you are allowed to use a short form. (Typically Last name, title, pg#.) Feel free to shoot me a message if you need specific help with that. 

Lenghthy citations are just fine, they aren't going to dock points for that. However, incorrect citations are grounds for docking points. 

While we're on the subject, what is you EE topic? I ask only because IB tends to get grumpy with lots of internet sources for subjects like history or human rights. 

I think for most of the website citations I used, I could find a book or journal instead if I hit up the uni library. I hadn't thought of that :dizzy:  For instance, I said most Christian institutions, including the Roman Catholic church, condemn the use of recreational drugs and cited:

Christian Attitudes towards Drugs." Bitesize. BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/rs/sanctity/chdrugsrev2.shtml.