Integration help!

smartbear33

What math book do you have? I'm guessing you're SL math, but what I did was have the basic integration formula next to me while I did as many exercises as I could get my hands on, calculus wasn't my favorite thing for a while either. It's been a while since I worked with it (since I took my exams and didn't have to use math again I didn't care to try and remember), but apart from the integrals of certain things such as e^x and the trigonometric functions, I really liked the formula (I think this si it, you should double check it with your teacher or book) where x^n integrated = 1/(n+1) x^n+1. 

Start out with the simple exercises, and don't be embarrassed to do loads of them before moving on to the exam-style questions, because if you got the method stuck on your spine, the rest will go much easier and you'll have a far better experience and be more comfortable and confident when you actually sit down in the exam room.

• Like 3

What math book do you have? I'm guessing you're SL math, but what I did was have the basic integration formula next to me while I did as many exercises as I could get my hands on, calculus wasn't my favorite thing for a while either. It's been a while since I worked with it (since I took my exams and didn't have to use math again I didn't care to try and remember), but apart from the integrals of certain things such as e^x and the trigonometric functions, I really liked the formula (I think this si it, you should double check it with your teacher or book) where x^n integrated = 1/(n+1) x^n+1. 

Start out with the simple exercises, and don't be embarrassed to do loads of them before moving on to the exam-style questions, because if you got the method stuck on your spine, the rest will go much easier and you'll have a far better experience and be more comfortable and confident when you actually sit down in the exam room.

I'm currently using the oxford book for Maths SL and trying to get the most out of it. Thank you so much for your advice - I'll definitely do more exercises 'til I get better :)