Incredibly Low EE Grade

Bogac Erkan

Hi.

I just "completed" IB and all of my results are OK. But somehow I got an E from EE and I am totally surprised by this. Two instructors checked my essay and told me I will score something around a B with it. Last week I had the results and saw that I got an E. My subject was physics and I scored 4 points. I already asked for a Category 1 remark but I am running out of time as the application dates for college is approaching fast and I am doubtful that my 4 will be doubled and become an 8. I suspect something unexpected had happened at some stage but I am out of ideas.

Any ideas what might have caused this? Anyone heard of a wrong grade being entered into the system? 

Any ideas whether I might make remark process faster (sadly I am not getting any help from my school or my IB coordinator)?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you.

Because your school probably kept a copy of the EE, refer to that copy to verify that you haven't submit an unfinished draft or entered a wrong subject. It sounds like an error in grade-entering. IB estimates remark results can come in around 3-4 weeks. You may have to explain your situation for prospect schools and possibly ask for an extension. 

Thank you very much for the feedback. 

Sadly, the university entrance procedure is a bit different in Turkey and it is not possible to ask for an extension. I need to submit my choices at the end of July at the latest and this grade changes my path in an extreme way. I might try to study in Austria or Germany but then I will need to apply for an entirely different department in Turkey and that changes everything.

I am totally aware that it is not a possibility for me to try to reach IB for a quicker remark. Do you have any idea that this might be something my school or the IB coordinator try to achieve?

Thank you.

If you sumbit for regrade last week then you should be able to get results before july 31. 3-4 weeks is a VERY conservative estimate. EE doesn't usually take a long time because plenty of physics examiners and it's only one assessment. As for uni application, still ask for extension. It's one thing to not ask, and another to not get approved.