Business Management HL IA

Hi, 

So after a long search I've finally found a business willing to participate in my IA. However, the business is a very local one and don't have proper documentations eg. business plan nor digital records of past sales and such. They've only just established a computerised system 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if I could still do my IA on them despite the lack of official docs and insight on past trends. Also there are no secondary research that I would be able to collect on them ( which is a section in the research proposal structure i was given by my teacher) as they do not have anything online at all, no website or page. 

Thanks 

To be very honest, documentation that won't directly contribute towards your IA isn't necessary. Some documents can be missing but unless it's crucial to the process and conclusion of your IA it shouldn't matter much. Also, since yours is a higher level IA, the focus should be on primary research instead of secondary research. If you're looking for documents for the financial analysis then I think a summary of all the records attested by the owner of the firm should suffice. You should consult with your teacher once also. 

4 hours ago, Lara said:

To be very honest, documentation that won't directly contribute towards your IA isn't necessary. Some documents can be missing but unless it's crucial to the process and conclusion of your IA it shouldn't matter much. Also, since yours is a higher level IA, the focus should be on primary research instead of secondary research. If you're looking for documents for the financial analysis then I think a summary of all the records attested by the owner of the firm should suffice. You should consult with your teacher once also. 

thanks for replying! 

Yeah I'll check with my teacher