Experience with my Language A lang and lit teacher...

Seung Hun Han

I took May 2016 IB exam and graduated with pretty satisfying grades.

I was really astonished that I got my Language A 6 with scaled mark 82% (84% for 7)

As I received my grade I was getting mad and really furious because my lang and lit teacher screwed me over before the exam.

Basically, my teacher gave our class one month of practice time to study P1 and P2. I wrote like 4 P2 and 3 P1. Unfortunately, I was consistently getting 10/20 for P1 and 10/25 for P2.

I always got at least 15/20 and 20/25 in P1 and P2, so I felt like the whole world was falling apart. I was really stressed and didn't feel confident at all.

Now that I know my score, I know that my teacher was not professional at all. 

Has anyone experienced such nightmare??  

What do you mean by the following?

1 hour ago, Seung Hun Han said:

Unfortunately, I was consistently getting 10/20 for P1 and 10/25 for P2.

I always got at least 15/20 and 20/25 in P1 and P2.

It's hard to say that had you had different examiners, you would not have gotten marks near 10/20 or 10/25. It seems that compared to other subjects, group 1 marks vary dramatically from examiner to examiner. It could have been just as easy for you to be predicted 20/25 but get only 10/25 by IB examiners. Aside from the subjectivity of the course itself, experience may also affect your teacher's judgment. Unprofessionalism is shown through lack of attempt to identify student's mistakes and help them improve, and is not characterized by the result of individual students. For example, in an unrelated case, a teacher may move from a wealthy, well-supported school to a poorly funded one, and her new students now score 10-20% lower compared to her previous class. Is she unprofessional? Probably not; probably there were some systematic obstacles that she has yet to conquer. You may not realize this, but IB examiners often are IB teachers themselves (in a different timezone) so there is no justified reason to view your IB results as unquestionable. I know people who scored 2 levels higher with Group 1 regrades. Also if teachers can predict marks with 100% accuracy, then there is absolutely no point of having standardized exams. 

Ultimately, "unprofessional" is a stretch, and feeling frustrated with high grades than expected is not the right approach. 

• Like 4