EE History - Stalin's Use of Historical Revisionism; Choosing a question

florallaura

Hi, so this is my first post and I am very, very lost concerning my EE. My first draft if due in a month or so and I am still trying to narrow down a topic. The final draft is due in four or so months. I want to do a question concerning Joseph Stalin's use of historical revisionism and I was thinking to choose either "How did Stalin’s use of historical revisionism vary from other Soviet Union’s leaders use of censorship?" or "To what extent did Stalin's use of historical revisionism and other forms of censorship aid his cult of personality?". Thoughts? Is is too narrow or not narrow enough? Do you think I will be able to have a sufficient argument? 

Moreover, I feel as if my EE mentor is not helpful. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing concerning any of this or how on earth to do citations or the format to use. I've checked out some books from a university library and I'm attempting to start but I am extremely lost