Binder for each class?

Rainboww08

Hi!

If you're in Canada, I'm assuming you'll be doing 3-4 classes at once? If you can carry this many binders around with you, then do that. It keeps you organised. I used to have a binder for each class. This year I only had two binders. Each binder held work for two classes.

I don't think many people like binders for each class, because they can get heavy. Some people only keep one binder to store work from all of their classes. They only keep the most recent work in the binder, and keep the rest of their notes at home.

It also depends on the amount of paper you need to keep in the binder. For example, if you have a lot of paper for math, then you should probably store all your math work separately. If you have a class where you hardly have any paper to store, then you can put that class's work in a binder with work from another class.

Once the school year starts, you'll be able to see how many binders you need and how many you are comfortable with carrying around, and find a system that works for you! :)

What i did when I was in IB, was have a refill pad that I took with me to school, and a binder for each subject that I kept at home. At the end of the week I would distribute all the notes I made in the refill pads, and all the handouts I got, to the individual binders. I wouldn't carry a binder to school. 

I didn't use binders, but cardboard folders in which I had my notebooks and paper sheets, which I again had smaller plastic folders for. I had one for each subject, in different colours, so it was easy to deal with - in that way, I always had everything with me and never risked sitting there saying "I forgot to bring my homework". Super effective, but it does take some willpower to keep it organised. 

What i did was have a two classes for each binder.

Math and Spanish

Bio and English

History and AP Stats

Then each class had a folder that kept the work that was due for the class and say it was a reading assignment or whatever I used a post it note and put it on the pocket so I would see it.

A piece of sage advice would be to BUY A PLANNER! It will help keep you organized with all the things that will be due! Plus it is interesting to see all the homework you did, tests and quizzes taken, etc. you did when the year ends.