History IA HELP

Amina13

History IA Research Question  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these questions is better for History IA research question?

• To what extent the phrase 'a war to end all wars' fairly reflects World War 1?
    • To what extent Treaty of Versailles played an important role on Hitler’s rise to power?
    • Combine them - suggestion

Hey, everybody!

I have two questions right now for my History IA and I want to combine them. They are as follows: "To what extent Treaty of Versailles played an important role in Hitler’s rise to power?" and "To what extent the phrase 'a war to end all wars' fairly reflects World War 1?" 

As a source, I was thinking the movie "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" for the 1st question. I need one more source. 

What do you think in general about these questions? Should I combine them? 

Any comments would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance! :) 

"A war to end all wars": it sounds like a doable question. You may end up needing to pick a side (allies or axis) in order to meet the word count. 

Treaty of Versailles: it sounds like an interesting question. Although I think the entire treaty of Versailles is probably too much to deal with. I would advise that you pick a relevant part and just deal with that. 

• Like 2

I'd strongly recommend that you don't combine those two questions because you won't be able to finish without meeting the word limit.

Also, perhaps try to find a different source. The movie has some fictional accounts and/or historical inaccuracies involved, which really doesn't make it the best source. Also, you're trying to find the most neutral source possible and from the title we can tell it certainly is biased :) .