Watching Movies for CAS

Guest thoughts13

By IB CAS rules, watching a movie does not merit any form of CAS because you play a passive role in the activity rather than being active which is mandatory for a CAS activity.

Judging by your CAS co-ordinator... she is very lenient so you are lucky in a way... but you won't be able to have the real CAS experience.

Your school sounds pretty strict, I know some girls that got CAS for their EE because they said it was creative. They got like 50hours. But thats a one off. Try volunterring etc.

The CAS Co-ordinator in that school is definetely INSANE... HOW in the world do you get CAS hours for EE? It's academic and part of our IB programme so it can't count. What is the point of CAS then? We can just do creative stuff in our school work and get rid of that component... and 50 hours???... tsk

• 7 months later...

I think that the CAS hours don't really depend on the enjoyment you get, but the Creativiy Action Service part. Movies may involve some form of Creativity. Not really sure how action will fit under thier, but service may also count depending on what you are doing with the movie. I don't really think it should depend on the IB or CAS corrdinator, that there should be a global criteria that everyone follows. There probaly is, but thats not how it happens...

• 4 months later...