Transition from GCSE Chinese foreign language to Chinese B SL

Hello, in a few weeks I will be starting the IB and would just like to know what I am going to get myself into in terms of Mandarin.

In GCSE, I have done Mandarin as a foreign language (A/A* I haven't got my grade back yet but that is my prediction) and now in IB I am planning to choose Mandarin B SL. I already understand that this will be an extremely large 'jump' from GCSE to IB, but was just wondering how big this 'jump' will be. Do you think it would be extremely hard to survive in Mandarin B SL and does anyone been in my situation? Would love to get some tips and advice. 

Thanks!

18 hours ago, JeffreyYe said:

It's a big jump. Someone in my school who scored an A* in IGCSE Chinese as a foreign language said that IB Chinese B is really hard as it involves reading newspapers, China affairs and such. Chinese B HL would be more about Chinese literature.

Would you think that the difficulty of the change would come to a point that it would be unlikely to do well in mandarin b sl? 

I think there would be a slight increase in difficulty. But guess what, since you are from Hong Kong, resources for learning Chinese B are everywhere! Chinese literature, China affairs, Chinese newspapers, they are all just footsteps away. But if you are speaking Cantonese at home, I suggest you to do Chinese/Cantonese language A.