English EE - A Clockwork Orange in Context

studentab

My research question is  "How has Anthony Burgess used a Clockwork Orange to reflect the context of the time in which it was written" 

I feel as though it is too long or not phrased properly. I am exploring context in terms of minor personal experience uch as him being a british soldier, but mainly historical context such as Nazi Germany and the Cold war. 

Help with the phrasing of the question would be appreciated. Thanks. 

A simpler title would be: " In what ways (or: How does) Clockwork Orange to reflect the context of the time in which it was written?"

Regardless of the phrasing, you still have a title which encourages a summary rather than genuine research. If you are stuck on context of time, then try to focus on some aspect which will contribute to what we already know about CO or Burgess. That is the idea of the EE. It is entirely different from the usual school essay which is used to recycle info. and prove to our teachers that we've learnt our material.

If you keep that distinction in mind, then you have a better chance of hitting on a genuine EE research topic.

Do I remember right that in a previous post, you were thinking of comparing some aspect of Alice In Wonderland with Peter Pan. It may have worked just fine with a little more thought. I think you were edging toward something promising. Anyway, that's not to dissuade you from pursuing ideas with other works, just that the EE often demands preliminary research/browsing before an idea swims into view.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1