hey i need a research question i already have one but i need some help with it, what can i improve on it?

we have a business and we just started its a cosmetics centre my question is 

How could company x increase their annual profit as a new business in a competitive market?

i wanna go in that direction as i see it as an opportunity since they just started to write about it, what do i need to do to refine the question? or is it good already

thanks a lot!

Hey, I remember when I was doing my IA my teacher specifically told me to keep the research question focused. So I suggest you change the question to something like 'How could company x increase their annual profit by *doing so and so* in a competitive market?'. Make sure you mention a strategy to increase their annual profit so that you're entire research project becomes focused. 

Hope this helps. Best of luck. 

Good answer Lara. Put in some business concept for the cosmetics firm to look at. Then you can research it AND, even more importantly, offer alternatives, because there's more than one way.

For example, Should Swift Cosmetics use marketing strategies like money-off vouchers and loyalty schemes to increase their sales as they enter a new market?

You can ask the business for their opinion, and you can ask potential customers too. Of course, the business might also use: advertising, endorsements etc. plus non-marketing strategies, such as operational or human resources management methods.

And, make sure you have some business studies models to use within that research.