Biology optional topics

Aether

We are about to choose our optional topics for biology and we are not very certain of which are the best. We are a high level class, but all of us are taking the exam in standard level (we have a really ****ty professor XD and we don't want to take the risk). We are really worried about the IB exams because we don't feel well prepared, and we don't want to have an extra load with a difficult optional topic. Which would you recommend for standard level???

My biology teacher said that IB biology students at our school tend to do the best on the "Human Health and Nutrition" option. We studied it, and it's not that bad. The other one that's on Neuroscience is a lot harder, in my opinion and in my teacher's. If you have the choice, go for the Human Health one. Plus it's useful and easily applicable to real life if you're health conscious. :D

We are taking the Neurobiology option and the Microbes option. I'm still in IB1 but the school decide which options we should take and I'm pretty happy with this choice since I'm interested in both options. They say that students get the best score in these options but I heard the ecology option is pretty easy so you should consider that.