IB Biology IA Research Question

HCl227

So, I'm trying to make research question for biology ia, and I'm wondering if the research question's result is kind of obvious, would I get low points?

For example, if the research question is "How does temperature affect a certain enzyme activity?"

It's pretty obvious that the enzyme would have the optimal activity around at 40 degrees Celsius.

So my question is even though the research question's result can be predicted easily, is it possible to get high scores just by having a really good investigation?

In my school, our RQ has to include the independent (temperature), dependent (enzyme activity) and control variables. Hence, you need to narrow down your dependent variable to something more specific than enzyme activity, where you should measure how long it takes for the enzyme to break down a specific substance or something like that. Thus, your RQ should be like "How does changing the temperature affect the (time taken for __ to be broken down by the enzyme), keeping the (insert control variables) constant?"

Hope this was useful!