Hey, guys! I want to take IELTS exam by the end of this year. I need to know which one is better: IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training. As I know, IELTS General Training is if you know for sure that you will go to study to an English-speaking country, and I am not sure that I will do this. Even so, I did not get for what is IELTS Academic exactly. Can you, please, explain it to me and also tell me which IELTS do you think is better to take? Thank you! :)

IELTS Academic is more professional, General Training is like when you wonder your language level (A2,B1,C1..etc). But if you are going to use your IELTS certificate to apply to somewhere, you should definitely choose the academic one. 

In my opinion, you should choose IElTS Academic no matter what :) It's little bit harder but it's worth it!

• Like 1

IELTS General Training focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs.

IELTS Academic is for people planning to study in higher education or seeking professional registration. It assesses whether you are ready to begin studying or training in an environment where English is the language used. 

See more at: https://www.ielts.org/about-the-test/two-types-of-ielts-test#sthash.gFYDzoOe.dpuf