ESS IA

Nutella_lover

Can someone please help me with my ia research question i wanted to nvestigate with "ecological footprint" i was thinking of making the teachers do a Ecological footprint quiz and then collect all the data etc but im so consued can someone give me some ideas pls

Edited by Nutella_lover

• 2 weeks later...

Thats actually a good idea! But can you give me examples of what kind of questions and like what kind of data would i plot in my ia? like what would the end results be? Idk how i  could write 1500 words on that but i really like the idea. Could you please help me out :) 

Edited by Nutella_lover

Think about what makes an environmentally conscious person and ask questions based on that. There are a lot of ecological footprint quizzes online. I don't think you would score well if you were to just ask people to take one of these, but it could give you an idea of where to start your research. Topic 1 has a lot of information about environmental values systems that could be incorporated. 

One might hypothesize that the younger generation would be more economically conscious because of increased access to knowledge about environmental issues through the internet, but someone else might think that the younger generation can't afford to be environmentally conscious right now. Maybe, the answer you find from your data lies somewhere in between?

If possible, it would be really interesting to compare the gaps between different countries. There are a lot of databases online with global statistics that could be used to have a more developed argument in your paper.