Foods that reduce stress and boost focus

ephika

Whole grains or complex starches are really good because they give a steadily release energy to make you feel awake and help stay focused.

Fruits have the right type of sugar that give you an energy boost different from the quick sugar high you get from candy and energy drinks before crashing.

Then there is water which is great for everything.

The "food plate model" (1/2 vegetables, fruit and berries, 1/4 meat or fish, 1/4 bread, other cereals and potatoes, plus some fat-free dairy products and vegetable fat) is a very good pointer pretty much everywhere, and this is no exception. :)

Eat your veggies, do sports and remember to drink enough, and you'll feel a lot better.

Soy nuts and nuts in general are pretty good... Fruit and vegetables, as people have mentioned, are really good for your brain. Bananas would probably boost your focus, and you can't go wrong with whole wheat and stuff. Avoid eating sugars as a source of carbs though, those will definitely make you lose focus easily. :\

I didn't know apples were good for your brain...?! Thank god I love apples so much. :P

Most articles that talk about the subject recommend fish and various nuts or seeds. Also you should be happy to know that chocolate is a good stress reliever(Don't eat too much though :P ).

Sources:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neur...coveleskie.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70221101326.htm

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/wellbei...t-brainpower/1/

Oh so apples are good? That's such good news :P ...though I don't see the conection between apples and focus. I mean, how?

Well, to share something with you, when I started off I was really focused and stuff. Now I realized I am not that much nowadays, and was looking back at what I did before and where did I draw that "energy" and "focus" from. I think exercicing (I did yoga in the morning sometimes, and also run for 20 minuts every afternoon), sweating it out basically, and drinking loads of water helped. I am total foodie so yeah... but I was told by a Sufi that when you are thin (I mean, healthy thin) you have more energy...and I could not agree more.

Edited by saya

Huzzah for nuts being a good food! I've been sitting here studying and I've become somewhat addicted to honey roasted peanuts mixed with unsalted cashews. Nom nom nom.

Other than that, I love apples and mandarins for study food, and wholegrain toast with Marmite. And a cup of hot chocolate sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fish!!!

or if you despise the taste of marine animals then eat OMEGA 3 fish oil capsules.

Like the others said, consume large amounts of vegie/fruit, avoid anything fried and eat light.

If you eat too much oil, it would take a lot longer for your stomach to break them into soluble molecules. More blood is going to move to the stomach lining. With less blood in your brain, you shall feel drowsy/sleepy.