SL MATH IA HELP

radical220

Topics like these can generally demonstrate good mathematical understanding but have little opportunity to show personal engagement and more importantly critical reflection. The fear is you might just end up rehashing everything that's on a wikipedia page and thus show no creativity on your own. I don't recommend this idea.

13 minutes ago, IB Math Helper said:

Topics like these can generally demonstrate good mathematical understanding but have little opportunity to show personal engagement and more importantly critical reflection. The fear is you might just end up rehashing everything that's on a wikipedia page and thus show no creativity on your own. I don't recommend this idea.

Thanks I think I'm just going to stick with modelling dengue using the SIR model. Do you think that it would be a good idea or is it too common to get a high score?

It's getting to be too common especially because there's an IA example out there already: https://ibpublishing.ibo.org/live-exist/rest/app/tsm.xql?doc=d_5_matsl_tsm_1205_1_e&part=2&chapter=17

But still, go with it if you're comfortable with the idea. I recommend "making it your own" by coming up with a new situation and exploring the dynamics of the SIR model of that situation. You can greatly increase your personal engagement score by citing experts who have referenced this model (as long as the citations truly add further depth and understanding of the model).

Best of efforts with this topic.