Freight Elevator Problem, Quick Question

ckeith

Hello, I am working on my Match HL IB Portfolio Problem and it is the one about the Freight Elevator. I just have a little "understanding question" as far as 1(a) goes. The rest I understand and am just about done with. However, I do not understand [b]what[/b] 1(a) is asking me to do. The prompt is :
(a) interpret the original vertical line motion simulation.
I have asked my teacher about it, but his answer just confused me more. I am not looking for the answer, merely for someone to explain what it is I need to interpret.
Thank-you =^}

[quote name='ckeith' post='27484' date='Oct 31 2008, 10:36 PM']Hello, I am working on my Match HL IB Portfolio Problem and it is the one about the Freight Elevator. I just have a little "understanding question" as far as 1(a) goes. The rest I understand and am just about done with. However, I do not understand [b]what[/b] 1(a) is asking me to do. The prompt is :
(a) interpret the original vertical line motion simulation.
I have asked my teacher about it, but his answer just confused me more. I am not looking for the answer, merely for someone to explain what it is I need to interpret.
Thank-you =^}[/quote]

What I did was graph the original equation (you're given an original equation right?) and show it. Then explain what the velocity and acceleration's going to be like. I even drew a diagram of the elevator :) but I think it was somewhat unnecessary.

I did the same math portfolio... but haven't got the grades yet

[quote name='BananaYanana' post='27586' date='Nov 2 2008, 06:41 AM']What I did was graph the original equation (you're given an original equation right?) and show it. Then explain what the velocity and acceleration's going to be like. I even drew a diagram of the elevator :D but I think it was somewhat unnecessary.

I did the same math portfolio... but haven't got the grades yet[/quote]

Haha. thank-you! That;s actually really helpful =^}. But yes we were given the equation. Geesh, now that you say that it seems so simple haha