Question about CAS Project and Supervision

Poseidon

This is my first post on this forum, so please forgive me if I'm making any mistakes.

This year I'm in Year 11, and it is my first time actually planning for IB. For CAS me and my friends plan to go hiking and camping for 3-4 times within 3 months, with reflection, planning and goal setting in between each expedition. Firstly I would like to ask if this sounds like a viable experience to you guys, as I have asked a few of my teachers and some have said we need an ultimate goal or "Do you guys plan on camping for 2 months?", and others have said it is a decent idea. Secondly, I realize we need an adult supervisor for a CAS experience. I would like to know if the supervisor needs to come along to the camp with us (E.g. if we have a teacher as our supervisor, it is unlikely they would be willing to spend a weekend camping with us), or do we simply need to report regularly and ask for his advice while our group does the expedition ourselves?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

my understanding is that you need hard proof of the fact that you went camping eg. pictures a video etc and the supervisor just needs to sign off that you have completed the experience.

you also need to have a goal for your camping experience if you want it to count as a project, otherwise, just as an experience its perfectly fine to count it as creativity and/or activity.